How to connect for your telehealth appointment
1. When you make your appointment please indicate if you would like a phone or video appointment. Video appointments are preferred and are not difficult if you have a smartphone, ipad / tablet, laptop or computer with a webcam. We set these up by email. Please provide a current email address.
2. Please indicate your preferred phone number for the appointment. We will also use this as a backup should there be any video conference issues.
3. Make sure you have a private and quiet space where you will not be interrupted.
4. For video conferencing we are using zoom. You will receive an email with a link inviting you to a zoom meeting. Click on this link a few minutes before the appointment. You will be placed in a waiting room. Dr Dyer will bring you into the appointment when she is ready.
5. Zoom will download a small program to your computer or phone enabling the appointment. You will need to approve the use of video and audio by clicking the dialog boxes when they come up. On the bottom of your screen you can check your video and audio are on by looking at the icons. If they have a red line through the microphone or video icon, they are off, click them to activate them for the consultation.
6. While we attempt to run to time, you may need to wait if Dr Dyer is running overtime, please call through to reception if you have any questions.